Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Tuesday, January 24, 2012

This is the day that the Lord has made!

2012 has been good to us so far.  Xavier has been spending Wednesday afternoons with his physical therapist.  She is amazing.  She took one look at him and said, "well its obvious to me that his delay in fine and gross motor skills are completely related to his hospital stays and restrictions."  That made this Mamma feel better.  I spend almost all day on the floor with him, playing and exposing him to new things.  I was afraid that I wasn't doing enough.  I had to stop comparing him to other babies his age because well lets face it, he is much different from them.  He has been through so much and after each surgery he has so many restrictions put on him because of the incision site.  So Kate, our PT spent one hour with him and he was was rolling on his own from his back to his belly.  She came back and spent another hour with him and he was rolling both ways.  She feels confident that he will be "caught up" by spring.
Things were a little rough on me post Glen, mainly because his stats were up and down and he had a hard time sleeping.  It took about two and a half months for him to level out, but now at 3 1/2 months post Glen he is a different kid.  He is sleeping much better, super happy and his heart rate is starting to come down.  He is eating solid foods.  He loves his oatmeal and sweet potatoes.  The only thing he doesn't like is peas, so I have been mixing them in with the carrots.  He loves it when Nate and I eat at the same time as him...and with every bit he gives us a "mmmmmm."
Xavier is so close to sitting up on his own.  We have been working hard to help to build the muscles in his belly and around his incision site.  Kate seems to think he will be sitting and crawling by the end of February.  She said that he is very advanced cognitively and socially.  She was impressed by how aware he is and how interested  he is in things around him.  If it sounds like I am bragging, I am.  I am so proud of him.  He is an amazing little guy.  I hear often of little ones who are struggling or who are still in the hospital.  I hear daily of families who have to say goodbye to their warriors.  Babies earn their angle wings way too often in our community.  I get on my knees every day and thank God that he picked me to be Xavier's mommy and that he gave us all this time with him.  I will not waste a single minute.  I write this blog for many reasons.  I write it for myself, as a way to get what I am feeling out.  I write it for X, so that he has something to help him understand how strong he is.  I write it for all our friends and family who are away from us, so they can know all the amazing things that X-man is doing.  I write it to help new heart mommies.  I write to give others hope for the future.  I write it so that people will be inspired to live better lives.  I hope that this blog and Xavier are an inspiration to all of you who follow our story!!  May God bless all of you!  This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it!




No comments:

Post a Comment