Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Wednesday, December 21, 2011

"For nothing is impossible with God" Luke 1: 37

                                            


                                                         

                                              
As Christmas nears, I find myself drawn to the bibles accounts of Mary.  I can't even imagine being told that I was going to be the mother of God.  And then trying to tell my husband!!  I find myself reading the account in Luke when Gabriel visits her to foretell the birth of Christ.  I myself would have a ton of questions for the angel, after I dealt with the fact that I was talking with an angel.  What will others think of me, what will I tell my husband...but not May.  All she asked was how will this happen..and she was at peace with the answer.  "I am the Lord's servant.  May everything you have said about me come true."  WHAT FAITH!!! I questioned God 1,000 times about Xavier.  Why him, what will happen, how will I make it thought, will I have to say goodbye.  I didn't have the faith to say "May your will be done", because what if his will was not my will.... But for me the part of this story that I have bottled up in my heart and carried with me for the past year is this.."For NOTHING is impossible with God."  It is that verse that got me thought the nights of uncertainty, the long waits for word, the nights in the hospital listening to the beeping of the machines.  I have found my faith again..and it is stronger then ever.  This Christmas means so much.  In the beginning of all this I was not sure that we would get here...but here we are and Xavier is stronger then ever.  He is going to get to meet his extended family, and we as a family will get to make so many memories.
 I also find myself thinking of the families that I have met, who will have to spend this holiday missing their little ones.  I want those dear friends of mine to know that I think of them daily and lift them up in prayer.  I am sure there is peace in knowing that your baby is safe and free from pain, but during the holidays old wounds feel new again and those who we have had to say goodbye to, we miss just a little more.  It is my wish this Christmas that God comforts you.  I will not forget the reason that Xavier is here with us and the reason that my heart is whole.




Merry Christmas From The Ross Family  

                                                                                   

No comments:

Post a Comment