Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Tuesday, November 29, 2011

We are Thankful!



We had a wonderful, wonderful Thanksgiving in PA with my family.  I started 2011 not knowing if we would have Xavier with us for the 4th of July, let alone Thanksgiving.  I woke up bright and early Thanksgiving morning, got down on my knees and thanked God for allowing us to make it this far.  We his the road at 4 am.  X and Nate were fast asleep before we hit the parkway.  It was a quiet drive.  Xavier was a doll.  He slept and played the whole way.  It was so good to see my family.  My mother just loves all over X.  He lights up when he sees her.  Connor got to spend some time with his baby cousin.  Poor Tyler was still not feeling well.  He is such a sweet boy.  He stopped in to see us, but was so worried about getting the baby sick, he stayed in the other room.  He spent the holiday with his mom and her family.  He was missed, but I love him so much for thinking of Xavier.  It was a good old fashion Thanksgiving at Grandma's house.  Aunt Gerry got to spend time with X.  She   loves him so much.  It was just nice to be able to show him off (not too much) and relax a little.






It kinda stinks that the holiday season runs right along with cold and flu season.  I didn't take Xavier to church..(although I really wanted to).  I am just too worried about him getting sick.  He was so good.  He slept well, he ate well.  He was so pleasant to be around.  Thanksgiving also brought with it Xavier's 6 month birthday.  6 months is big for any baby, but in the heart community, 6 months is huge.  Finally you are post Glen and most babies are feeling good.  It is a joyous occasion.  How blessed we are to have Xavier and two amazingly supportive families.  We could have never made it through without the support of our friends and family.  I am really counting my blessings, not just at Thanksgiving time, but every day that I wake up and get to be with Xavier.  I pray everyday for those who are just learning that their baby has a heart defect, for those in the hospital, for those at home recovering, for those who have lost the fight, for those who continue to fight.  Becoming a heart mommy has changed me...for the better.  I am a better wife, a better christian, a better daughter, a better sister, a better aunt, a better friend, a better person and I am sure a better mommy.  I now know what is really important in life and Xavier taught me that.  Amazing what a half a heart can do!










No comments:

Post a Comment