Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Friday, November 11, 2011

Do you wanna have a baby today??

The fact that I could walk into the hospital that morning kinda made me think it was not going to happen.  I called my parents and told them to just sit tight.  They may send me back.  We went in and I found myself in the same little exam room.  The midwife, Lilly, did an exam of my cervix and got a huge smile on her face.  "Do you wanna have a baby today?" she asked.  I just smiled, but in my head I was saying.."well..I don't think so.  I like him here safe with me.  Thanks anyhow."  So off to the room where I would deliver.  The delivery rooms have these cute little windows that they pass the baby through so that the team can assess them and deliver the life saving meds that keep there little hearts working the same way the did in the womb.  It was a nice size and I was blessed to have a wonderful nurse and Lilly my ROCK STAR midwife.  SO it began..IV in, pulse ox on my little finger, called my parents...and we wait.

1 comment:

  1. Ahem... RAWKstar midwife. Not to correct you or anything. :-)

    ReplyDelete