Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Friday, November 11, 2011

Ronald McDonald

The waiting game continued.  Minutes turned into hours turned into days.  Every day I would call the Ronald McDonald House to see if they had a room for us.  I was getting ready to give up until Thursday, May 26th when the voice on the other end said they had a room for us!!  So we packed up our things and off we went to Camden..YES Camden.  Now its not the best area in NJ..but the house was beautiful and close to the hospital.  We were staying in the Harry Potter room.  As many of you know..I am a HUGE Harry Potter fan, so it was fun for me.  I liked it there.  Very comfy beds...no TV's in the room, but many through the house.  Everyone was so nice.  We met many great people.  We would spend our time there playing games, watching movies on our IPOD or Laptop, reading magazines and talking with the other families.  RMH is a true blessings to the families of sick kids.  It is one less burden.  

Friday night, May 27th, the three of us snuggled up in one bed to watch a movie on our laptop.  I felt uncomfortable, but it was very much like the false alarm pain so I just kept it to myself.  As the night went on the pain got worse.  Nate was awake trying to get some work done, so he started keeping a word document of my pain and the times.  It was looking like 20-30 minutes between each time I would say "OHHHHHH".  I finally fell asleep, that is until about 3 am.  I felt like I was hit by a bus.  My whole body felt like one big cramp.  I got up and walked around a little, got in the shower, laid back down, got back up, laid back down...it went on and on. Finally at 8 am my mother in law said we really should call the hospital.  They thought it would be a good idea to see me again.  So around 9 am we left RMH.....




No comments:

Post a Comment