Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Friday, November 11, 2011

Hurry Up...and wait!!

SO off to Philly we went on May 18th.  We could not get into the Ronald McDonald House right away so we got a room at the Holiday Inn.  It was a pregnant woman's dream.  A big comfy bed to myself, air conditioning blasting, a husband that would get me anything that I was craving, and a working TV.  Nate was able to postpone his Friday night gig, but he was contracted to do a wedding on Saturday.  My mother needed to be at home with my family due to the passing of my Grandmother, so my mother in law agreed to fly down from Rhode Island to be with me.  I kept telling Nate that I would be ok, but the idea of  his pregnant wife taking a cab alone into Philly while in labor was too much for him to deal with.  On Friday afternoon we drove to the airport to pick her up.  She seemed happy to be there, even if it was to babysit a 32 year old woman.  We did a whole lot of waiting.  We waited at the hotel, we waited at a host home...that only lasted 2 days because we were staying in the third floor of an old home with no air conditioning.  So back to the Holiday Inn for you guessed it..more waiting.  I had an appointment on that Tuesday, May 23rd.  They were happy with everything and I was continuing to dilate. They set a date for induction, June 1st, but as we were leaving the midwife said.."I am sure we will see you sooner".  She wasn't kidding.
On the way home I decided that I wanted ice cream.  Lucky for us there was a Friendly's right near the hotel. We sat down to eat, but I had the urge to stand.  My hips hurt so bad all of the sudden.  I didn't want to eat, all I wanted was to lay down.  We cut the meal short (I did get my sundae to go) and headed back to the hotel.  I just could not get comfortable.  Then I stated to bleed.  Now they told me that this would happen because they were poking around in there all day.  But something felt off...and now I was in real pain.  I called the hospital and the asked if I was in labor.  I didn't know.  I never did this before.  I was in pain.  It seemed to be coming in waves.  So they told us to come in just to be on the safe side.  I ate my sundae (who knew when I would eat again) and off we went.  The pain on the way was crazy.  I thought for sure this was it.  I called my mom and told her not to leave for her 3 hour drive just yet.  But inside I wanted to scream..."I WANT MY MOMMY!!"

We got there...they had me change and they did an exam.  The midwife said she didn't think I would go that night but they admitted me for a few hours to monitor me.  So there we were..in a room watching the biggest loser final and again we were waiting.  They sent me back to the hotel.  Seems that the baby dropped.  But they did say we will see you back here before Wednesday.  If that pain was just X dropping..what was labor going to be like???  I was afraid to find out!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment