Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Thursday, November 17, 2011

Baby's First...




Xavier is doing well.  I am trying to break the bubble, but it is hard for me.  I am trying to only take stats once a day, it is hard for me.  I am trying not to obsess over every single thing he eats, but it is hard for me.  His little body is still adjusting to his new circulation.  His heart rate has been a little high..(again I am pretty much the only one who is worried).  The last echo looked good.  So I try to enjoy our moment together.  I try to give my worry over to God.  I have to trust that things are going to be ok.  As fall approaches, I am looking forward to a sack full of firsts.  I am happy to report that Xavier is rolling over from time to time.  Sometimes on purpose and sometimes by accident.  He also experienced his first snow storm and his first black out, both before his first Halloween.  We are getting out a little more.  We took him to Target one afternoon.  I never relized how dirty public places are.  I am pretty sure I could see the germs on the people.  We take X out for walks.  He spends a lot of time playing on the floor and in his bumbo.  He is a happy little guy.  We are moving toward solids.  He is growing out of all his clothes.  He is wearing 3-6 and in come cases 6 month clothes.  Please continue to follow our blog.  Please continue to share our story and raise awareness. Many babies go home from the hospital looking healthy only to return days or hours later in cardiac arrest.  It takes a simple 2 minutes hooked up to a pulse ox machine.  It can save many little lives.  I hope to raise money for CHOP so they can continue the fight against CHD.  I am setting up a page you can access through the blog where you can donate money to CHOP in Xavier's name.  It is now a part of my life to make people aware of HLHS.  WE LOVE YOU XAVIER!!!  KEEP FIGHTING LITTLE MAN!!









No comments:

Post a Comment