Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Monday, February 27, 2012

The Picture of HOPE

One day I am going to learn how to upload all my super cute videos of X onto this blog..but until then you will have to deal with my rambling and tons of cute pics!!  Xavier is turning into a very smart little guy.  He does something new and amazing everyday.  His vocabulary grows.  We are hearing almost every letter sound..tons of ma mas (of course), da das and just yesterday we got some na nas!!  He has his favorite toys..including Counting Rock Star Ernie, his Pooh Bear Story Book, his Honey Pot, his V Tech Learning Walker , Baby Einstein Music Player, his Baby Grand Piano and a fun little mirror that is just his size.  He has a few favorite TV shows (please, I have done my own research and made the best decision for my child about TV) including Olivia and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.  He loves books and we read at least 2 in the morning and 2 at night.  He continues to love to eat and take a bath.  He is no longer on the liquid thickener.  He has a very sweet, mellow way  about him.  Just when I think that I can not possibly feel more love toward him, he does something amazing that just take my love to another level.  He has started to give me hugs and cuddle in real close when we sit together.  He shakes his head yes and no and sometimes a crazy combination of both!  He laughs and giggles and smiles all the time!!  AND he had two super cute little teeth on the bottom row.


He continues to get PT once a week for an hour.  He has come a long way!!  He has started to feed himself some puffs, he understands how toys work and knows what he needs to do to manipulate them and just last week he started sitting!!  He needs some support from time to time, but he is doing amazing and is started to pull himself up to sit!!  I think he likes it!!


For the most part, he sleeps through the night, getting up on occasion to eat (and play).  We feel very very blessed that he is getting bigger and stronger with each passing day.  Sometimes I forget that inside that perfect little chest beats half a heart.  I am amazed at the fact that his doctors and surgeon were able to repair his heart...I wonder if they really truly know what amazing people they are.  I do my best to let them know how blessed we are that they chose to dedicated their lives to saving our children.  Almost every day I meet a new mom  who had just received an HLHS diagnosis.  I do my best to try to give them hope, just like other moms gave to me.  I can give them advise and talk about my experience, but the best hope that I can think of is Xavier..so here it is.  Enjoy all of my pictures of HOPE!!









No comments:

Post a Comment