Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Tuesday, May 15, 2012

HAPPY TO BE YOUR MOTHER DAY!!

MOTHER'S DAY!!!  I never dared to dream that we would be here...NEVER.  I had hope..but I never let myself even imagine that we would make it this far.  Last Mother's Day I was VERY pregnant and very scared about what the future held.  I often prayed and just asked for one hour...one hour to hold my baby boy and tell him how much he was loved...how I loved him long before I even knew that he was a part of me.  I wanted to tell him how hard we fought..and that I would see him again someday...That hour came and went and I began to pray for a week, two weeks, a  month, another month...and here we are..days away from a year.  And he is going strong.  I take NONE of the credit.  Xavier was not willing to give into this disease and God has a plan for him.  And  I am so blessed to be a part of this journey.  What a blessing it is to be his mother...years and years of living...of experienceing different things...and it took five seconds of holding this tiny little baby on my chest to figure it out...the meaning of life...LOVE, FAITH, LAUGHTER AND FIGHT...that is all you need.   Every day is a celebration for us.  I don't need a day like Mother's Day...for me everyday is HAPPY TO BE YOUR MOTHER DAY!!




On a totally different note, I have been working on a little fundraiser and a way for people to show their support for Xavier.  I am working on wristbands.  They will be black with red letters and will say "I LOVE XAVIER'S HEART".  They will be for sale through the blog and facebook...or you can just call me up.  I am trying to get a feel for how many to order...so if you think that you would like to order one ($4.00) please message me here, on facebook or email me (jackielynnj@hotmail.com).  I will mail them to you or if you are local, I will drop them off.  I will also have some in PA and my mother's house and they can be bought from her.  All the proceeds will go to help us with our insurance premium and co pays.  This is a great way to celebrate Xavier and spread awareness for HLHS..you know that someone is going to ask you what your wristband means!!  Once I get them ordered, I will post a picture so you can check them out!!!  SUCH FUN!!!







1 comment: