Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Wednesday, August 22, 2012

A union built on strength and courage..




Three years ago today, I stood in front of my family and friends and promised to to love and stand next to Nathan through good times and bad...and we had no clue how bad it would get.  But now I can honestly say that we also had no idea how GOOD it could be.

Our wedding was a perfect day.  It was so us.  It was a party..live music, great food, drinks for everyone and all the people we loved in one room.  We have been standing strong ever since.  Our marriage was put to the ultimate test when we found out about Xavier's heart.  I can honestly say that  I saw what a real man Nathan is the day we got the diagnosis.  He allowed me to fall apart and stood ready to pick up the pieces, never mind that his world was crashing around him.  He never left my side during labor and stayed with Xavier late into the night while I got some sleep.  He is an amazing father..Xavier just lights up when he walks into a room.  He balances my crazy just right...allowing me to be the super overprotective mother that I need to be while calming the storm that rages inside me when I get the "feeling" that something might be wrong with Xavier.  He works so hard so that I can stay home with Xavier and keep him germ free.  He holds me close when I need to cry and always knows what to say to make me smile.  This heart parent journey is not an easy one.  It is not for the weak at heart or weak of spirit.  It took our marriage and our faith to the edge..and here we stand solid on such rocky ground.  I would have never been able to make it though the storm or find the courage to dance in the rain without him.

Thank you Nate for holding my hand and never letting go...

"Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage" - Lao Tuz









No comments:

Post a Comment