Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Friday, August 24, 2012

We are forever connected...forever family!



It never gets easy..when we in the heart community have to say goodbye to one of our own.  A baby and family who we have laughed with and cried with.  A journey that we have all taken, together.   We celebrate each others victories and give advise about the difficulties our children are facing.  We cry together when the fear and anxiety gets to be too much. Some we never meet, yet we feel so close.  Some we do meet and because instant friends.  That was my experience with Ady.  From the moment we met, we were connected, we were family.

Today, we celebrated the life of Hayden Jeter Dorsett.  I sat in the back of the service, alone and quite.  I promised myself that I would not break down, not allow my fear and sadness for myself or  for my dear friend to break the walls that I had spent days building up.  I ache when I think that I made many promises to Ady that I was unable to keep.  I promised her that Hayden would survive this.  That our boys would be the success stories that other families would cling to.  I promised they would grow up together, leaning on each other.  I promised that they would be kindred spirits...brought together by fate and a special heart.

I wish I could have kept these promises..

The services was breathtaking.  The room was filled with Hayden's smiling face.  A beautiful slide show playing.  Flowers and keepsakes that belong to Hayden about the room.  You could feel Hayden in that room.  When someone is loved that much, they are never far from us.  Just a memory away.  I have many memories of Hayden that I will carry with me.  Ady, Rob and Jackson will always be family to us.  We have walked the same road, felt the same feelings...and although our paths have taken different directions, we are forever connected...forever family.

As I held my dear friend today..I made her more promises that I know I will keep.  Xavier will grow up knowing Hayden.  We will talk of him with love and pride daily.  We will speak to him in our prayers.  We will send him birthday balloons every year.  We will remain close with the Ady, Rob and Jackson.  Jackson and Xavier will be friend.  We will spend time together.  We will cry...but we will laugh again.  Xavier and Hayden brought us together...and together we shall remain.

Thank you Hayden for bringing me to your mommy.  Thank you for opening up my heart a little more.  Thank you Ady for allowing me to know Hayden and for loving Xavier....Thank you for being my friend and for loving me.  As heart moms we are connected in a way that few will understand.  We are forever connected...forever family!


"It is not the length of life, but the depth of life which matters."

Hayden Jeter Dorsett
March 12, 2012- August 16, 2012





1 comment: