Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.

- Ambrose Redmoon


The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart.

-Buddha




Thursday, August 16, 2012

We are the brokenhearted..

" The Lord is near to the brokenhearted and saves the crushed in spirit" Psalm 34:18



We often use the term brokenhearted to describe our babies.  However, having a baby with a broken heart, is a domino effect...Xavier's broken heart, broke my heart, broke Nate's heart, broke the hearts of our parents and families...and when we meet another family of the brokenhearted, our hearts break all over again.

Today my heart breaks in that all too familiar way for a heart baby whom has become very special to me and for his family who I am come to call my friends.  I just saw Hayden, who I lovingly refer to as my boyfriend, because I am convinced that the first time we met at the park he winked at me!  I have been madly in love ever since!!  We all spent some time together last week...walking, playing, talking about how well our boys did with their Glen, how much they smile and how strong they are.  We made plans for a BBQ  and for the family to visit us in our new house.  I left Hayden and his mommy that day with a hug and a promise to "see ya soon!"

Now Hayden is fighting for his life.  And I sit at home wishing I could just do something...fighting the urge to get in the car and drive to CHOP to be there for my friend.  I sit by the phone, praying that we get a call or text with good news...news that our prayers have been heard and that Hayden got his miracle in time.

I just wish I would have held Ady a little closer, done more to let her know how much she means to me.  I wish I could have made an effort to spend more time with Hayden.  I wish the boys could have spent more time together.  I wish we would have thought to take a picture of them together.  I have not given up on Hayden...his spirit is unbelievable.  His light shines so bright.  If ever there was a spirit, a light that can overcome..it is his.  

Please pray for our friend, for his family, for his doctors.  We will fight hard, because our children fight harder!  There are other, like my friends, who are fighting today.  Please pray for the brokenhearted!


No comments:

Post a Comment